…mark it on your calendar! The Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Dec. 13 at Fair Haven Church.
Kindergarten – 2nd grade will perform at 6:30 with drop off time being at 6:15
3rd grade – 5th grade will perform at 7:45 with drop off time being at 7:30
Room assignments will come out later.
If you would like to order a DVD of the program, please use the order form and send it in with a check. GEORGETOWN HOLIDAY PROGRAM DVD-2i2jixs
The big program is coming…the first week of December! Details of our K-5 holiday program are below. Read and re-read before the program on December 2!
Where is the church?
Address: 2900 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426; Fair Haven Ministries
is located down the road from Georgetown Elementary at the corner of Baldwin Street and 28th Ave. This program is led by Georgetown’s two music teachers: Mrs. VanRiijs Gr K and Mrs. Bretz Gr 1-5.
What time do students need to be at the church? 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM
- K, Gr. 1, Gr 2: Arrive at 6:15 pm; Performance at 6:30
- Grades 3,4 and 5: Arrive at 7:30 pm; Performance at 7:45
Where does my child need to go when they get to the church?
There will be signs at the church directing you to your child’s classroom assignment and also this information will be sent home prior to the program. Below are the room assignments by grade. To view a map of the room locations, click here: fairhavenmap
- K – Family Life Center
- 1st – 100 Wing
- 2nd – 400 Middle
- 3rd – 100 Wing
- 4th – 400 Middle
- 5th – Family Life Center
How long will the program be? Each group will perform for about 30 minutes.
What order are the grades singing?
K, followed by 1st/2nd grades; Grade 3 followed by 4th/5th Grades.
Can we save seats prior to the program?
No. The only reserved seats will be for the directors, videographer, and teachers.
- The doors to the sanctuary (where the children perform) will open at6:15. There is AMPLE seating so we want you to know that you will have a WONDERFUL SEAT no matter where you are seated.
- Please be respectful and courteous to other families as you make your way into the sanctuary and during the performance.
- WCET TV will be taping and televising the program so that families who are unable to attend can still see it. If you do not want your child to be shown on WCET TV, do not attend the program. Notify your child’s teacher and Mrs. Bretz/Mrs. VanRiijs that your child will be staying home rather than participating.
Is food or drink allowed in the church?
No food or drink is allowed in the church.
Do the students need to wear anything special?
No. Most students love to dress up and will wear special Christmas dresses or “church clothes”, but there is no requirement. Exception: Children who have a part and require special costumes. Mrs. Bretz would have sent a note home to you if this were the case–so you will be aware in advance.
How do students get special parts?
- Auditions during or after class time.
- History of prior solo or part performance in past years.
- There are 600+ students and we do our best to make this process fair and equitable over time.
- MAP of the CHURCH will arrive home on Tuesday. It is also available here: fairhavenmap
- DVD order form will be attached to this information. You can also download the order form here: Holiday DVD Order Form
- NOTE: Georgetown does NOT set the price for the DVD. This is done by WCET. The cost of the DVD goes toward programming fees, staff compensation, materials, etc.
On Friday, November 14, girls in 4th and 5th grade are invited to audition for a dancing part in the Holiday program.
Please check out Mrs. Bretz’s blog for more information! 🙂
Georgetown’s Holiday Program will be aired on Saturday at 4:00. The cable stations are as follows:
Comcast: Channel 25
Charter: Channel 97
ATT Uverse: Channel 99 to get to menu and select Hudsonville