The fourth grade students at Georgetown have been preparing for an amazing concert they will be attending on Wednesday, May 11
. This interactive concert, known as Link Up, will take place at the Frauenthal Theater in Muskegon. More information about Link Up
is available on Mrs. Bretz’s blog.
We will be leaving school at 9:30 that morning and returning at approximately 1:00.
Please send your child with a cold lunch that day since we will be returning after normal lunch hours. We are planning to eat on the school playground if the weather is nice.
If you would like to attend this concert as a chaperone, please let me know. We have room for two adults to come with us. Other adults can attend the concert, but unfortunately will need to drive to Muskegon, pay for their ticket, and sit separately from us.
We are really looking forward to this amazing opportunity! 🙂
The fourth grade students at Georgetown have been preparing since January for an amazing concert they will be attending on Wednesday, April 15.
The concert is called LINK UP and is sponsored and created by Carnegie Hall in New York City. Carnegie Hall has partnered with the West Michigan Symphony in Muskegon to bring this exciting interactive concert to fourth graders around west Michigan. The West Michigan Symphony is one of only a select number of orchestras across the United States chosen to work with Carnegie Hall, so we are so fortunate to be able to be a part of this!
What makes LINK UP so unique is how interactive it is. Students will be stomping, clapping, singing and playing their recorders right along with the West Michigan Symphony! Our theme this year is “The Orchestra Moves”!
We will be leaving school at 9:30 that morning and returning by 1:00.
I am planning to provide two slices of pizza and Hawaiian Punch for the students in our classroom when we return to the school. They are welcome to supplement with other food as desired.
If you would like to attend this concert with your child, please let your child’s classroom teacher know. We have a very limited number of chaperone spots, but we would love to have you come experience this! You won’t want to miss it!
The big program is coming…the first week of December! Details of our K-5 holiday program are below. Read and re-read before the program on December 2!
Where is the church?
Address: 2900 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426; Fair Haven Ministries
is located down the road from Georgetown Elementary at the corner of Baldwin Street and 28th Ave. This program is led by Georgetown’s two music teachers: Mrs. VanRiijs Gr K and Mrs. Bretz Gr 1-5.
What time do students need to be at the church? 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM
- K, Gr. 1, Gr 2: Arrive at 6:15 pm; Performance at 6:30
- Grades 3,4 and 5: Arrive at 7:30 pm; Performance at 7:45
Where does my child need to go when they get to the church?
There will be signs at the church directing you to your child’s classroom assignment and also this information will be sent home prior to the program. Below are the room assignments by grade. To view a map of the room locations, click here: fairhavenmap
- K – Family Life Center
- 1st – 100 Wing
- 2nd – 400 Middle
- 3rd – 100 Wing
- 4th – 400 Middle
- 5th – Family Life Center
How long will the program be? Each group will perform for about 30 minutes.
What order are the grades singing?
K, followed by 1st/2nd grades; Grade 3 followed by 4th/5th Grades.
Can we save seats prior to the program?
No. The only reserved seats will be for the directors, videographer, and teachers.
- The doors to the sanctuary (where the children perform) will open at6:15. There is AMPLE seating so we want you to know that you will have a WONDERFUL SEAT no matter where you are seated.
- Please be respectful and courteous to other families as you make your way into the sanctuary and during the performance.
- WCET TV will be taping and televising the program so that families who are unable to attend can still see it. If you do not want your child to be shown on WCET TV, do not attend the program. Notify your child’s teacher and Mrs. Bretz/Mrs. VanRiijs that your child will be staying home rather than participating.
Is food or drink allowed in the church?
No food or drink is allowed in the church.
Do the students need to wear anything special?
No. Most students love to dress up and will wear special Christmas dresses or “church clothes”, but there is no requirement. Exception: Children who have a part and require special costumes. Mrs. Bretz would have sent a note home to you if this were the case–so you will be aware in advance.
How do students get special parts?
- Auditions during or after class time.
- History of prior solo or part performance in past years.
- There are 600+ students and we do our best to make this process fair and equitable over time.
- MAP of the CHURCH will arrive home on Tuesday. It is also available here: fairhavenmap
- DVD order form will be attached to this information. You can also download the order form here: Holiday DVD Order Form
- NOTE: Georgetown does NOT set the price for the DVD. This is done by WCET. The cost of the DVD goes toward programming fees, staff compensation, materials, etc.
On Wednesday, May 7, all Hudsonville fourth graders will attend a West Michigan Symphony concert at the Frauenthal Theatre in Muskegon. The concert starts at 11:00 a.m. and will last 50-55 minutes. We will eat a late lunch (at 1:00ish) when we return to school.
This special event will be an interactive concert with the students listening, singing, and playing recorders along with the West Michigan Symphony. The students have been preparing for this concert. The symphony will perform three separate Link-UP concerts that day for over 4,300 children from all over West Michigan. This will be an enjoyable and educational outing for your child.
We are allowed to have 4 parent chaperones join us for the bus ride and concert. If you are interested, please let me know. There will be a drawing if more than 4 parents express interest.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Mr. Kooiker: email@example.com
The Georgetown Talent Show is about three weeks away and open to students in grades 3-5. Mrs. Bretz has pulled together and posted the details for you to consider. Please check out the link below: