Our walkathon money has been counted and the winners have been selected. Together we raised $14,283.64 for our school. Thank you for your support and generosity!
Congratulations to Sophie Vanderkolk and Emma Everts from our classroom! Sophie earned a pizza party with Mrs. Reagan for being the top money earner from 4th grade and Emma Everts won the Laser Tag Family Fun package. Listed below are those who received special recognition for this year’s walkathon.
Top 5 earners for pool party
- Sheyla Plummer (Huizenga)
- Eva Burlison (Quigley)
- Annelise Ham (Van Arkel)
- Eva Ham (Van Arkel)
- Alivia Peterson (VanKoevering)
Top earners from each grade for pizza party with Mrs. Reagan
- K grade: Seth Miller (Iwema)
- 1st grade: Isabelle Swiercz (Taber)
- 2nd grade: Patrick Jones (Greenlund)
- 3rd grade: Ethan Impens (Vanderstel)
- 4th grade: Sophia Vanderkolk (Kooiker)
- 5th grade: Leah Vandenberg (Gort)
Top classroom for Limo ride
- Mrs. Quigley’s Second Grade Class
Laser Tag Family Fun Package Winner
- Emma Everts in Mr. Kooiker’s 4th grade class
The 2012 Walk-a-thon was a HUGE success!
The weather was absolutely beautiful and the walk was lots of fun!
Please remember to turn in your completed donation forms and money tomorrow, September 28. Thanks for participating and supporting our school!
The annual walk-a-thon is coming September 26th! This is our primary PTC fundraiser. The theme for the 2012-13 event is TREK FOR TECH!
Why are walk-a-thon donations so important? This money helps to provide:
- School assemblies
- Framed art work
- Scoreboard and hoops for the gym
- Recess equipment
- Family days like the Carnival, Mother/Daughter and Father/Son events
- Music materials
- Popcorn days
- Field trips
- Classroom supplies
- Reading Counts motivation program
- Raz Kids online reading program
- Book Fair
- Santa’s Secret Shop
- Library books
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
PLEASE DONATE! If every child raises $25, we can fund the events above AND reach our goal for the year: TECHNOLOGY TOOLS FOR THE CLASSROOMS!
We would like to raise enough money to continue the events above and provide affordable tech learning tools for each grade level to assist with student learning. Please help us support learning through technology by donating to the school PTC.
For our walk-a-thon days, we want everyone to wear BLUE and GOLD…EAGLE colors! Parents and grandparents are invited to join us. The more, the merrier!
What is the schedule?
Wednesday, September 26
- 9:45 ECSE, Kindergarten
- 10:00 Grade 3
- 10:10 Grade 1
- 10:20 Grade 2
- 10:30 Grade 4
- 10:35 Grade 5
- Walkathon ends at 11:30.
What are the prizes?
- Top 5 EARNING WINNERS: MAY 2013 POOL PARTY AT MRS. REAGAN’S HOUSE
- Top 6 WINNERS for EACH GRADE: PIZZA PARTY WITH MRS. REAGAN
- Top WINNING CLASSROOM: TOP SECRET SPECIAL ACTIVITY
- EVERY PARTICIPANT who raises $25 or more will get the most awesome FOAM FINGER!
- EVERY PARTICIPANT will be entered into drawings for a LASER TAG FAMILY FUN PACKAGE and more…to be announced.
When are donations due?
Completed donation forms and money must be returned to school by Friday, September 28. You do not need to send the money this week. You have until September 28.
PARENTS STILL NEEDED AS VOLUNTEERS!
Amanda Impens is still looking for PARENT HELP. This is a fun event to work. Low stress….and loads of fun. Please let her know if you can help by emailing her. She is in need of bubble machines, spray bottles (for water) and big hearts who are willing to help her keep walking kids walking and hydrated!
Amanda Impens’ email address:firstname.lastname@example.org